Red Dog Premiere Dog Training Services
At Boston Red Dog our team strives to bring you the best in pet care. Through individually determined techniques that cater to your dog’s needs, our trainers will help you to build a stronger relationship with your companion by teaching him or her how to become a well-trained best friend! Recognizing that every human/animal partnership is unique, we offer a variety of programs and options from which you can choose, including: private sessions, training during boarding, Behavior Modification, and a range of group classes.
Training Class Descriptions
- Your dog must be up to date on shots to attend class.
- Each class session is about an hour long.
- At least 2 dogs are needed to run a class and 8-10 dogs make up a full class.
- Equipment needed for class: leash, collar (buckle collar, gentle leader/easy walk if used), treat bag with treats, proper footwear (preferably no flip flops), shot records.
AKC STAR PUPPY - 12 weeks – 6 months (puppies may not be up to date on rabies, but it is assumed they will be getting rabies somewhere over the 7 weeks of class).
- Basic Skill: attention, sit, down, stay, leash walking, drop it, etc.
- Puppy Manners: correcting biting, chewing, jumping, potty training, etc.
- Puppy Socialization: learning socialization, how to interact with other dogs and people, there is puppy playtime every class.
BASIC – 6 months and over (dogs should have all their shots up to date)
AKC Star Puppy Class Cost: $225/7 weeks
- The goal of this class is to go over basic skills, but by the last class, to hopefully be doing all behaviors without treats. We will also start proofing behaviors, so the dog will be able to be performing behaviors anywhere and everywhere.
- Basic Skills: Sit, Down, Stays (distance, distraction, & duration), leash walking, heeling, leave it, come (both with and without distractions), etc.
- Manners: jumping, biting, barking, etc.
INTERMEDIATE – Previous training is required, no age requirement.
Basic Class Cost: $200/7 weeks
- Introducing clickers and perfecting behaviors.
- More advanced commands: place, stand, stand stays, heeling hands free, return to heel, etc.
Working on AKC CGC test items every class, with the ability to take the test on the last class.
Intermediate Class Cost: $225/7 weeks
PRIVATE 1 HOUR SESSION - $50
The First Class
For the first, please bring your dog with:
- A 4-6ft leash, no retractable or flexi-leashes
- A flat or martingale collar, harness or head halter. No choke or prong collars
- If attending Intermediate/CGC, Trick, or Rally, owner’s must provide their own clickers
- Plastic or poop bags to clean up after your dog, should they have an accident in class
- Plenty of your dog’s favorite soft treats (hot dogs, cheese, etc.) for training
- Vaccinations - for puppy class proof of current shots, for basic class dogs must be up to date on all vaccinations
- Proper footwear is required, no flip flops or open toed shoes
Children in Class
All family members are encouraged to attend group classes. To protect the safety of everyone in class, canines and humans alike, please follow the below guidelines:
- Children must be under parental control at all times
- Parents must supervise their children during the entire class
- No running or yelling will be permitted
- Since not all dogs are comfortable around or friendly towards children, children should be instructed to never approach or pet any other dog in class
If the minimum enrollment for a class is not met on the day of the first session, the class will be cancelled and rescheduled. You will be contacted via telephone or email to see if you would like to enroll in the rescheduled class, join another class, or get a refund. Minimum students needed to run a class is 2 dogs.
A full refund will be offered if we are notified before the start date of the class. If a dog is unable to attend due to illness or injury, please contact the trainer right away and to reschedule your training session to another class. After the first 2 classes, if you wish to cancel class, you will receive a prorated refund of the classes attended. However, no refunds or discounts will be given after the third class session.
Students are required to attend the first class. Students who miss the first class session, without making prior arrangements with the trainer, do not qualify for a refund of class fees and may not be allowed to join the remaining sessions. If you are to miss any other sessions, please contact the trainer to discuss potential make-up sessions, topics and homework discussed in class. Students who do not contact the trainer, will not be allowed to have make-up sessions for missing a class. Students have a month after the class ends to make up missed sessions, after that month is over, students are no longer allowed to make up missed time. Students who are not pre-enrolled may be able to join at the trainer's discretion, provided there is space available. New students may be allowed to join a course after the first session at the trainer's discretion.